Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Twitter

I must admit that I did end up wandering around in circles a little with this Twitter challenge.  I've started following both LILAC 2013 and CILIP InfoLit Group in response to the conference challenge. Asked to blog about three Twitter accounts I have begun to follow, I'm afraid clarity is still eluding me a little. I must admit to liking my information clean and clear and crisp and I do find Twitter a little trying when one ends up wading through never ending Tweets which make absolutely no sense whatsoever unless you have been following the conversation.  So, a little frustrated with this. I don't feel that I have followed any twitter feeds intently enough to be able to make any sound professional recommendations, but accounts of interest so far would probably be World Book Night (for philanthropic joy), CILIP (as it ticks a box), and Ned Potter (aka thewikiman for Web 2.0 relevance). Any recommendations from others as to how to get more out of Twitter (professionally) would be very welcome!
 

 

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if drastically limiting the number of Twitter accounts you follow would help with the influx of unhelpful information?

    Am finding it easier at the moment to go directly to a particular Twitter account if something draws it to my attention and I think it will give me information I want, rather than choose to follow it via my own account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting approach, thank you Elizabeth! I can see the sense in that, and may give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some Twitter accounts are just too 'busy' which makes me feel that I don't have the time or inclination to keep up with them - but then they can be really dull and nothing happening which is the opposite extreme (like mine!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine too! I cannot think of anything original to Tweet about!
    However, I use texttools, emails and blogs etc quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think sometimes it isn't necessary to tweet original things. You can simply retweet other people's tweets. It may seem a slightly pointless thing to do, except that it can introduce your followers to tweeters or info they may not yet be aware of. That is of course dependent on you discovering tweets which are worth retweeting in the first place!

    ReplyDelete