Thursday, 2 May 2013

Evernote

Today I set up an Evernote account. I must confess to tweeting about how thrilled I was with it. I hope such a display of enthusiasm wasn't too unprofessional! Many thanks to Debs for recommending it during our staff training day. It really is worth exploring if you have a little time. You can effortlessly save a huge variety of things including web pages, blog articles, images, and notes, and can sync it with your mobile, tablet, PC, laptop etc, etc, so you can access it from numerous devices. It is easy to annotate items, create to do lists and search the contents. I was rather wondering how such a marvelous tool could be free. It was shortly after that that I discovered if you want to be able to save documents (Word docs etc), and be able to search them, then you need to subscribe on a monthly basis. And as Evernote is designed to remember things "forever", that could be quite a hefty income stream for them!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Evernote does look really good! I was sceptical as I thought I wouldn't have much use for most of it's features but I was suprised.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Yes, I too have had a look at Evernote and have created an Evernote account, well, "to do" list. Lisa you had an idea for Evernote at the recent librarians meeting. I remember at the time thinking it was good, but I now can't remember your idea! Doh! Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me about Evernote, Lisa! I like your informative blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marianne, yes, the idea was for our Heads Up students to use Evernote as a tool to complete their activities... like using the Web clipper to collect evidence of a web page/database journal etc. Might be a little ambitious given time constraints and technology issues though!

    ReplyDelete